Friday, March 19, 2010

Tour Pt.8



Car Troubles/Sunburns:

We got up at 5 this morning to drive to Virginia Beach from Paisley, Florida. Tyler slept for the first couple of hours while I drove. I like driving in the early morning when nobody is on the road. The sun was rising as we went through Jacksonville on Rt.9A. We finished our Mary Higgens Clark novel. It was about a wealthy New Jersey estate and a few connected murders. Of course, the last person we expected was guilty of all the crimes.

In South Carolina, we got off the highway and coasted up the hill. Tyler looked at the dashboard and said, "oh my god, the car is off." I didn't panic...my red car did that once, "Okay, just turn it back on." When he tried the engine didn't turn over.

This was the beginning of a 4 hour adventure. My timing belt had broken, and the men at the garage told us it would be a while. We spent the time writing music. I'm glad Tyler wasn't freaking out. Bubaloo is my baby. She is my wheels... my independence: everywhere I want to go, and everywhere I need to be. I thought about how much I wish we were closer to Greenville when we broke down.

We thought we would have to cancel our show, but we made it to Virginia Beach. When we walked in, everyone clapped. It was good to be out of the car, and good to play our instruments.

Everyone here rules! We played with Folk the System, and now we're staying at Rusty's house. They have a snake, 2 dogs, and 2 cats. Jack, is a humongous cat. Lydia, and Jane are the doggies (Jane is a pitbull/border collie mix.... ridiculously cute). The also have a snake, Michelle. She hung out with me while I wrote most of this.

We're going up to New Jersey tomorrow. We have to get the oil topped off cause they lost a little oil in the process of fixing my car. Its idling a little funny, but running pretty smoothly regardless.

Okay I'm sleepy and I'm having fun...Goodnight!


No comments: