Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hello Stranger

I'm searching for rooms in different states...keyword 'vegan.' Somewhere bigger: I'm too big for my bathtub, to small for my jeans.
I'll bring a pillow for your head and my feet. I'll curse block lettering. I'll skip class, and homework, and...oh god, I'm not transitioning well are I? What am I? A student, or a traveler?
If it is going to disappear, maybe I should too? I am ever going to be happy in one place? Will I ever settle?
Maybe its the rain, or the real estate prices in the Carolina's. Maybe its the contempt I feel when I tell someone I don't feel right, or the overwhelming complacency from all of my friends. I could give up my car, be happy doing some shit job. Is this degree even necessary? Or should I just start my life...
College has given me direction, but my compass is out of whack. What part of this country needs me, and do I yet have the tools to do what I need to? Or is it just the vision?

No comments: