Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tour Pt.5

We're in Florida, and people are singing along. Thats a cool feeling.

Our show last night went really well. We were greeted immediately, even though we were hours early. We played really well (no broken strings). The whole night was a lot of fun.

Today we're playing Irish music in St. Cloud. I'm having a sort of anxiety attack, not being so comfortable on the tunes. It doesn't help that Tyler doesn't seem to have much faith that we'll do well either. This is going to be a huge help to us though so I want to pull through and make it worth their time.

Joe called me from the Hangar last night. I checked my phone and recognized the area code. I frantically rushed outside, pressed talk, and smiled when I heard his exaggerated southern drawl. He started in on his traditional prank call line. "It's too early to prank call me. I've only been gone 10 hours," I protested.

Last night we stayed at Andrew's new place. Florida smells the same no matter how old you are when you visit. Their dog, Gator, came in and humped my leg this morning....GOOD MORNING!

It was good to get a shower, and a little fresh air this morning. I'm glad we don't have to drive too much today. I'd like to do the East Coast again soon. Every show has been golden. I'm also glad I have a job again so that I can support this touring bug I have. I'm the luckiest girl in the world, the happiest girl alive.

Tyler and I are going to practice our set for later until our fingers turn blue.

No comments: