Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tour Pt.7


Porter, Tyler, and I hanging out before our 5 hour nap.

Artman's Arcade and leaving Florida:

I finally felt tired today. We drove from Orlando to Umatilla Florida, the town where Florida's Natural is packaged and manufactured. I hate factories, and now I'm afraid to drink orange juice (Especially after this kid Chad told us horror stories about new workers falling into the vats..yuck).

Artman's is wicked cool though. This guy Art opened a skate-shop and arcade in a town that has absolutely nothing going in it. Porter and Andrew from the Gnarly Whales approached him about doing shows there and he agreed. I'd consider him a convert in the effort of making local music accessible to everyone. The young people that go to his arcade also attend the few shows that have happened there. He enthusiastically told Tyler and I his plans for expansion, and how he wanted more music there. If there is a place to play, people will want to play. I think he is doing a great service to the town.

Tomorrow Tyler and I drive 13 hours to Virginia Beach. That is our longest drive. Porter made us linguini and vegetables tonight after our drive to Paisley from Umatilla. We'll have to get up at 5 AM tomorrow. I can muster, but I know Tyler will be sleepy. Not that that is a bad thing. Tyler and I complement each other's strengths and weakness'. This is why we make such a streamlined, efficient, and totally awesome team. I know I have the energy and optimism to pull through for the next couple of long days that we have.

I will write tomorrow, in whatever sleepy haze I am in!

No comments: