Monday, August 23, 2010

Waking up Crying

Tonight is like pulling myself away from that twin mattress on the floor when I had to go to class. I remember thinking of how unfair that it was that I had to walk outside, into the cold street below, while you got to stretch your long legs and press your face deeper into the pillow.

I miss us in Elon, NC when we got woken up by that freight train. I miss comparing the tastes of tap water. I miss picking hairs of your sweartshirt. I miss the desire to run away, as opposed to the aching of homesickness. I'll miss our silhouettes at dusk in your driveway, ending an era, and understanding eachother like we were young again.

I can only feel you curling up next to me as if to say, "look what I did," while a feeling of admiration overcomes me. We'll fall in love, or something similar, in an egg shaped chair, like the one on the deck of the Montecalvos when I was young and used to know them.

Wide eyed, we are black eyed, and gray eyed.

No comments: