Sunday, August 8, 2010

I wish I could smush our faces together until we were smushed together

I could smash you into a pulp but I forgive way to easily. Life can be beautiful if you break free, but you wont. I hope you fall off Paris Mountain, right down the cliffs, hitting your head, bleeding, bruising. Maybe you'd wake up with a better outlook. Maybe you would see the beauty in a handful of people, coming together to make a space for music that is positive, and safe. Maybe you would understand the things that make people feel face, let them think freely, let them be human.

...but you are militant. You would burn a bar down because that's what they get for having a beer with friends. You would hurt someone. You are everything that is wrong with faith, everything that is wrong with Merrimack Valley Hardcore, everything that is wrong with society: Fear, close mindedness. You are afraid. You would rather remain anonymous than face confrontation. You are a coward, and I have no room in my heart for it.

No comments: