Monday, August 2, 2010

Home Coming

This time is different because this time I don't have to stay. I can't imagine what changed these past two weeks, or why I am frustrated. I was put on this earth a certain way, I just don't feel obliged to fight with it, or condone patriarchal views on the issue.

I don't know what I expected anyways. There are too many people in the Northeast. They're all rushing about, squeezing down congested arteries like a disease and I'm sitting here wishing for the South. Of course I'd find a reason why I hate it or have to go. The truth is, it's colder here, it's more tolerable but I'll never feel free if I stay.

I would be hard pressed to find someone longing for Appalachia: the Smoky Mountains, or the rolling hills of West Virginia. Someone young, clutching onto a book about the Concord and Merrimack rivers in a used book store in Asheville.

I'm leaving with my bicycle.

No comments: