Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sunflower Seeds (or why I hate cops)

You're probably an anarchist because the law has been unfair to you the way it's unfair to anyone without a hefty checkbook.

I thought about her as an anxious-avoidant baby with dimples. That's probably why I have an A in Psychology AND a meeting with the Dean of Students to discuss conduct issues.

After 8 months, I've reached an end where I no longer have patience for the insincerity of the Upstate. I've stopped trying to make friends, or just be pleasant. There is no room here for individuality. This is everything Ayn Rand feared.

In New England, I was happy, accepted, and surrounded by people who nurtured me. The Upstate is a toxic pool where I am swimming with every daemon, every fault, and every issue I ever tried to wash away. There in no life guard on duty, I am out in the waves all alone, and the sun is almost disappeared below the horizon.

This is the outlaw land to all my childhood rules and lessons.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I miss you, write more, come home