Thursday, October 14, 2010

You Know That He Came All the Way Down?

I wish I had more insight into my younger self. I have some pictures of me next to my brother, or on the train. I wonder how many hours of my life have been spent traveling by rail? It's not really about what you have done, or about what your resume looks like (They were wrong). It's about who you are: If you are true to your word, appreciative of those you love, cautious about who you trust, genuine, and humble.

I hit an up today (finally). Or was it last night? Anyways a girl in a skirt jumped the fence onto the patio and reminded me of a time when I wasn't afraid. She talked to us like old friends. I was wearing a brown sweater and grey sweat-shorts, a 27 hanging out of my mouth, watching a daddy long leg crawl up the fence post. It's not that we were scared to give ourselves away, she sure wasn't. It's a matter of being honest about wasting what you've been given, or burning through what isn't yours to burn.

It's true that you're not alone.

He wrote me a letter. It will be in my new mailbox in a few days. I wish I was a better daughter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think its really funny that you smoke now dude