Monday, September 20, 2010

Not Everyone Has to Learn This Lesson

Like what I have in the coin purse of my wallet. Like what I have rushing through my veins, to my heart, into my soul. I can't remember a single thing from last September. I can't remember what it feels like to not want to go home, or to be part of something I was proud of, or be surrounded by people with personalties, or breath clear air. I can't...

I'm wearing a striped shirt. I haven't brushed my hair since I was last home. My teeth hurt. I guess going to a University full of intelligent people was a humbling experience. However, so is realizing your crumbling will right in the eyes as it falls apart, or watching you sleep on the couch.

Peaceful, unwaivering, the only light in my life. The only thing left, for all I am worth: good, or bad (even if it's mostly bad).

I think it's bad when I have to keep reminding myself what is actually in my heart. I believe there are a lot of people waiting patiently for me to fail. I wasn't humble enough to let them believe in me. I thought I could do it without them but they were right: We're all nobody.

No comments: