Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Revisionist

I write mostly melodramas: lies and elaborations, normal things for whiny (wishy-washy) people.

One afternoon I drove to Kennsington and parked at the "little-people" park and playground. I pulled up, turned my headlights off and sat for a few moments, watching a little boy on a swing. I had promised Tyler that I would meet him but he wasn't home yet. I was stalling. It was July 3rd.

My car was filling with stuffy air so I decided to step outside. I was closing my door when I noticed a small pathway through the woods off to my right. I trotted over eagerly and began to follow it. It took me down a steep hill and ended with water. I sat down and hugged my knees:

This one time, Shaun Harle jumped into the freezing cold Paper Mill Pond to try and save someones life.

I'm a pertinacious, un-original, asshole/bitch.
But I'm going to change the world.
Maybe I'll visit you in Kennsington someday.

No comments: