Monday, October 5, 2009

I'm a lightbulb

fuck, I didn't mean to light up like that when you said "Jazz Director."

I didn't mean to sit straight up in my chair and smile hysterically.

Its our 1 year anniversary. Its been 1 year since the last leaf bouquet in McGovern, Phyllis, and the gang. I'm glad the good out-weighed the bad.

Wednesday is the 1 year anniversary of playing the piano for you. You walked me to the car. The last time we did that together, I asked you not to walk me to my car and you stood confused and sad in the hallway as I walked backwards, mouthing "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

I took the elevator to the mezzanine with a man with a crutch. We laughed about how slow it ran. I hoped he was Jodi Fisher.

Luke and my Mom reminded me in one day what it felt like to be taken care of.

"I would have bought you some soy-yogurt."

And then I'm crying, and I'm in a house somewhere in Lancaster, and there is love dripping from the walls.

No comments: